Years 7 to 9
Years 7, 8 and 9 at Huntingtower are a time of transition, growth and development. At Huntingtower we recognise that because every child has no limits, everyone has the capacity to learn, grow and develop into a knowledgeable, reflective, caring, ethical and involved citizen, both at school and in the wider community.
The Huntingtower Middle School creates a setting in which students can take responsibility for themselves and each other in a structured and supportive environment. Our Middle School caters for the needs of young adolescents in a dynamic and changing world, while at the same time preparing the students for the rigours and demands of ongoing study. A stimulating and vibrant atmosphere encourages the students to embrace new learning styles and take intellectual risks, thus creating lifelong learners who are confident and self-aware.
In the Huntingtower Middle School:
- Students feel safe and secure and develop close relationships with their peers and teachers.
- Students develop a sense of place in purpose-built classrooms and meeting spaces.
- Diversity of thought is appreciated and promoted.
- The curriculum is moulded to meet students’ needs and includes a range of different learning opportunities.
- Students have an opportunity to shine through leadership opportunities and specially organised events.
A Huntingtower Middle Years education aims to give all our students the confidence to meet challenges with enthusiasm, wisdom and resourcefulness.
Click here for the Middle School Parent Handbook